Sunday, November 20, 2011

Lansky's Jewish Deli

I knew I was in for a good meal at Lansky's when they brought out the warm LOAF of banana bread with housemade strawberry butter to start the meal.  So good in fact that my mom and I ate a half the loaf and I snuck the rest in my purse for later.  For the rest of our meal, I ordered the crab cake eggs benedict (hold the sauce because I hate hollandaise sauce) and my mom ordered matzo ball soup and a half sandwich.  Everything was awesome!  It may have been my favorite meal I had in NYC.  The crab to cake ratio was ideal, the poached eggs were cooked perfectly so I got all the runny yolk to act as a sauce.  The soup was the best we tried all week.  AND for brunch on the weekend you get bottomless mimosas or bloodymary's for free.  We didn't partake, but I liked the option and could see a time in the future where I compliment my eggs with a little champagne and OJ.  If you're a New Yorker and haven't gone to Lansky's, get there ASAP!!

Delicious Banana Bread

Eggs benedict.  Increible son!
Matzo ball soup

Meat topped with sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment