Monday, May 16, 2011

Israeli Couscous with Roasted Fennel

Israeli Couscous with veggies, feta, olives, and basil

I love Israeli couscous!  I made this dinner with the last remaining trader joes resources I had stored away.  I was inspired by these two recipes: recipe 1 and recipe 2.  I had never cooked fennel before and I really liked it.  The key was letting it brown and caramelize enough before flipping it over.  Next time, I'll leave the tomatoes whole because they really shrunk up on me and nearly disappeared.

Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 2 packages of couscous
- 1/4 kilo of cherry tomatoes
- 2 large fennel bulbs
- 100 grams greek olives
- 100 grams feta cheese
- fresh basil
- salt, pepper, honey, balsamic, olive oil


Directions: Follow the directions from this recipe for the couscous, but add the feta and basil rather than the herbs listed.  To roast the fennel, just cut it in thick pieces and lay on a baking sheet with salt, pepper, honey, balsamic, and olive oil.  Roast until it get some color and then flip and continue cooking until done.  You can't really over roast it too easily, so just check until it looks good.

No comments:

Post a Comment