Monday, March 7, 2011

Mediterranean Roasted Veggie Salad


I like vegetables, what can I say?  I might even go so far as to get kicked out of Argentina for saying that I'm nearly a vegetarian by choice because I think that veggies taste better than meat.  Please don't stop reading my blog for that statement!  I just find that veggies and grains absorb flavor so much better than meat (especially beef - now I'm really going to get kicked out).  Here's a easy dish that can be a quick lunch, dinner, or side.  I had it as a salad with grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch.  Check it out!

Ingredients: 
1 Package Squash/Calabaza
1 Eggplant
1 Red Pepper
Large handful of golden raisins
Basil - chopped
Spices - cumin, curry, cinnamon, salt, pepper
Olive oil
Honey

Directions: Chopped all veggies and lay onto a roasting pan.  Sprinkle with spices, drizzle with oil and honey.  Mix around so each pieces has flavor on it.  Place in oven on high and roast until cooked through (20-30 min).  Remove from oven and let cool.  Add chopped basil and raisins.  I sometimes add cheese and almonds for a more hearty meal.  Mix salad and add extra salt if needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment