Sunday, December 18, 2011

Southpaw BBQ Restaurant Review

My time in San Francisco is usually so limited that I don't have the opportunity to explore all of the new additions to the food scene.  Now that I have settled in for a few weeks, I discovered that the Mission is an entirely new area than what it was 3 years ago.  It's super yuppy and I love it!  There are so many great new restaurants and fun bars. 

I winded up at Southpaw BBQ during my last trip to the city with some great friends from college.  Perhaps it was our common memory of piling food onto our dinning hall trays that led us to order an absurd amount of food, but whatever it was, we went all out! 

I shared the pulled pork (awesome) and tray of side dishes: mac & cheese, grits, zucchini, black eyed peas, collard greens, brussel sprouts and bacon, and hush puppies.  I could have eaten an entire pot of the mac & cheese.  Ashley and Edward split the pulled pork and fried oyster sandwiches - also good.  But the stars on their plates were those sweet potato, salt covered chips.  I stole half of Ashley's batch!  The most fun part of the meal, however, was trying out each of the six special sauces.  Sweet potato, habanero was my fav.  All in all, Southern comfort food at it's best!  Only downside was the bar's obsession with whiskey, but some things in San Francisco will never change.

Menu

Ashley and Edward


Pulled Pork, Mac & Cheese, and Grits

Tray of Side Dishes

Pulled Pork Sandwich

Fried Oyster Sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment