Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Commis Michelin Star Restaurant Preview

This post is long overdue considering that Commis was the first place I ate upon my return to the US.  I had to do my first official meal justice by eating at this highly praised restaurant in Oakland.  Commis has a seasonal, prefix menu that changes weekly.  It's $68 per person, so save it for a splurge-night.  The menu, which claims to be 5 courses, but ends up being 7 from all the little touches, is worth at least $68.  Definitely one of the best restaurants I've been too. 

The photos are of the first two courses right before my camera died.  Genia, I know...  Anyhow, I didn't want to ruin the surprise by posting all the courses.  If you have a chance to explore this Oakland hotspot, you will not be disappointed.

Egg yolk in amazing sauce and quinoa brittle

Squash soup that I could eat daily for the rest of my life

No comments:

Post a Comment