Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Los Angeles Picnic

I LOVE cheese.  I LOVE imported cheese.  I LOVE finding my favorite Argentine wine in Los Angeles for LESS than it costs in Argentina.  And most of all, I LOVE drinking wine and eating cheese with my best friends from college whom I haven't seen in months and months to cure a went-out-too-late-just-took-the-GRE-and-celebrated hangover (how'd you like that compound word GRE?). 

My friend Ashley Hovey and I went to Wally's wine store in Westwood and it has an amazing selection of not only Argentine wines, but every type of wine.  We followed it up with a trip to the Cheese Box next door where we ordered a grilled cheese on brioche and a fresh mozerella with veggies and pesto sandwich.  We also added some more bread, a sheep's cheese, a cheddar cheese, a salami, almonds, grapes, and chocolate to the mix.  I'd like to say we didn't devour the following spread, but that would be a lie.  We did and we loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment