Sunday, June 5, 2011

Phuket Restaurant Review

I have heard about Phuket quite a lot, at least from the expat community.  It comes up in the top 10 of guia oleo all the time, and while I'm quite particular about my Thai food, I decided to give it a shot.  It was a nice change of pace from the empanada-tarta-licuado rotation, but it goes straight on the "good for Argentina, but I've had better" list.  Service was good and the place is understated and cute, but if I go back, I'm going straight for the noodles that I didn't get to try because were llama-ing the attention.  Overall, not bad and worth a try if you're in the neighborhood.

Green chicken curry

We asked for extra spicy to the point that the order form had 1 to 3 peppers next to each item and we made the waitress put an additional pepper and side note requesting as spicy as possible.  All those flecks are chili-peppers and this dish was HOT.  Almost overboard, but good.  Again, I've had better....

Ribs.  Se ve bien, no???

I always go for the short ribs in Argentina because they're such a rare treat.  These were pretty good, but a little too salty.  The sauce that came ALL over them was reduced too long and the flavors got too concentrated.  It could have been the bomb and are almost worth another shot. 

Ribs
This plate had onda por lo menos.

No comments:

Post a Comment