Sunday, February 13, 2011

Surviving in Buenos Aires


I'm a fanatic for flavor and self-proclaimed foodie whose primary goal in life is to eat, cook, and discover the most delicious food in the world.  Originally from San Francisco, California where dim sum, wheat germ pancakes, and pumpkin stuffed flat bread with yogurt cheese and chili jalepeƱo jam are integral to my sunday brunch rotation, my decision to move to Buenos Aires, Argentina has taken some adjusting.  Rather than daily farmer's markets, ginger kombucha, and chicken apple sausage, I'm surrounded by empanadas, pizza, more empanadas, and over cooked meat.  Yes, the meat can be incredible and a cold Quilmes suddenly tastes better when it's accompanied by a choripan, but Argentine cuisine by nature is lacking in the spice department.

After 2 years of living in a city where guiaoleo is a permanent bookmark on my browser and I've scoured the city in search of essential foodie fixes, I'm dedicating my remaining time here to share my secrets and create a survival guide for how to cook and eat well in a city sin spice.

No comments:

Post a Comment