Sunday, February 13, 2011

Lesson 1: Barrio Chino

I don't know why I'm convinced that Belgrano is too far away for a weekly trip when it's my only source of hope once my US supplies run dry.  Barrio Chino is the best place for spices, sauces, herbs, and flavorful finds - the essentials for cooking any tasty meal.  I took a trip there this Sunday and stocked up on everything my pantry was missing so that no matter my ganas, I can prepare my meal of choice without searching in 4 super chinos, 2 dieteticas, and a disco only to discover that Sriracha doesn't exist anywhere else.  Here's my shopping list from this week.  I recommend a little viaje to Barrio Chino to stock up on supplies that make any meal taste better.

1. Spices - curry picante, garam masala, mustard seed, ground mustard, dried chili's
2. Rice vinegar, balsamic vinegar
3. Coconut milk
4. Jugo de Maracuya
5. Tofu - firm and carmelized
6. Produce - mango, bok choy, chili peppers, portobello mushrooms, ginger
7. Tahini
8. Turkish lentil, butter beans
9. Basmati rice
10. Granola and granola bars
11. Whole wheat bread with flax seed



No comments:

Post a Comment