Thursday, February 24, 2011

Amici Miei - Great Italian with a view


Amici Miei is a great find for Italian in the city.  I'm not a huge fan of Italian overall because I think it's a bit redundant and a little too tomato based for me, but I gave this place a shot and was pleasantly surprised.  It wasn't only for the never ending bread basket with 5 different types of freshly baked rolls and breadsticks, but the intriguing menu that broke my Italian mold.  We started off with Parmesan Flan and caramelized apple chutney and then moved onto squid stuffed with black couscous and an overly indulgent stuffed pasta.  The flan was to die for and the pasta was great.  The squid was a bit chewy, but different enough to keep me interested.  While I prefer my pizzas with caramelized onion, squash, and goat cheese, I'll definitely keep this one in the arsenal for the future.  Definitely worth a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment